§1 Introductory provisions
1. The didshop.pl online store, available at www.didshop.pl, is run by Paulina Drozda running a business under the name did shop Paulina Drozda, entered into the Central Register and Information on Economic Activity (CEIDG) kept by the minister responsible for economy, NIP 8792219289, REGON 280481710 2. These Regulations are addressed to both Consumers and Entrepreneurs using the Store and define the rules of using the Online Store as well as the rules and procedure for concluding Sales Agreements with the Customer at a distance via the Store.
1. Consumer - a natural person concluding a contract with the Seller as part of the Store, the subject of which is not directly related to its business or professional activity.
2. Seller - a natural person running a business under the name did shop Paulina Drozda, entered into the Central Register and Information on Economic Activity (CEIDG) kept by the minister competent for economy, NIP 8792219289, REGON 280481710
3. Customer - each entity making purchases through the Store.
4. Entrepreneur - a natural person, a legal person and an organizational unit that is not a legal person, the separate law of which grants legal capacity, performing on its own behalf an economic activity that uses the Store.
5. Store - an online store run by the Seller at the internet address www.didshop.pl
6. Distance contract - contract concluded with the Customer as part of an organized system of concluding distance contracts (as part of the Store), without the simultaneous physical presence of the parties, with the sole use of one or more means of distance communication up to and including the conclusion of the contract.
7. Regulations - these Store regulations.
8. Order - the Customer's declaration of intent submitted via the Order Form and aimed directly at concluding the Product Sales Agreement or Products with the Seller.
9. Account - customer account in the Store, it contains data provided by the customer and information about orders placed by him in the store.
10. Registration form - a form available in the Store, enabling the creation of an Account.
11. Order form - an interactive form available in the Store that allows placing an Order, in particular by adding Products to the Cart and defining the terms of the Sales Agreement, including the method of delivery and payment.
12. Cart - an element of the Store's software in which the Products selected for purchase are visible, and it is also possible to determine and modify the Order data, in particular the quantity of products. 1
3. Product - a movable item / service available in the Store which is the subject of the Sales Agreement between the Customer and the Seller.
14. Sales Agreement - a Product sales contract concluded or concluded between the Customer and the Seller via the Online Store.
§3 Contact with the Store
1. Seller's address: ul. Żeromskiego 14, 11-300 Biskupiec, Poland
2. Seller's e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Seller's telephone number: +48 794111864
4. Seller's bank account number PL 32 1050 1764 1000 0091 2133 9189
5. The Customer may communicate with the Seller using the addresses and telephone numbers provided in this paragraph. 6. The Customer may communicate by phone with the Seller on working days between 8 am and 4 pm
§4 Technical requirements
To use the Store, including viewing the Store's assortment and placing orders for Products, you must:
a.terminal device with access to the Internet and a web browser
b. an active e-mail account (e-mail),
c. enabled cookies,
§5 General information
1. The Seller, to the fullest extent permitted by law, shall not be liable for any disruptions, including interruptions in the functioning of the Store caused by force majeure, unlawful actions of third parties or incompatibility of the Online Store with the Customer's technical infrastructure.
2. Viewing the Store's assortment does not require creating an Account. Placing orders by the Customer for Products in the Store's assortment is possible either after creating an Account in accordance with the provisions of § 6 of the Regulations or by providing the necessary personal and address data enabling the Order to be completed without creating an Account.
3. The prices given in the Store are given in Polish zlotys or euros (for foreign customers) and are gross prices (including VAT),
4. The final (final) amount to be paid by the Customer consists of the price for the Product and the cost of delivery (including charges for transport, delivery and postal services), about which the Customer is informed on the Store's website when placing the Order, including the moment of expressing the will to be bound by the Sales Agreement.
§6 Creating an Account in the Store
1. To create an Account in the Store, you must complete the Registration Form.
It is necessary to provide the following data: name and surname, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and in the case of a company, tax identification number.
2. Creating an Account in the Store is free.
3. Logging in to the Account is done by entering the login and password set in the Registration Form.
4. The Customer may at any time, without giving a reason and without incurring any fees, remove the Account by sending an appropriate request to the Seller, in particular via e-mail or in writing to the addresses provided in § 3.
§7 Rules for placing an Order
In order to place an Order:
1.log in to the Store (optional);
2. select the Product that is the subject of the Order, and then click the "Add to Cart" button;
3.log in or use the option of placing an Order without registration;
4.if the option of placing an Order without registration has been chosen - fill in the Order Form by entering the details of the Order recipient and the address to which the Product is to be delivered, select the type of shipment (method of delivery of the Product), enter the invoice data if different from the recipient's details
5. Click the "Order" button and confirm the order
6.choose one of the available payment methods and depending on the method of payment, pay for the order within a specified period, subject to § 8 point 3.
§8 Offered delivery and payment methods
1. The Customer may use the following methods of delivery or collection of the ordered Product:
a.personal collection available at: ul. Żeromskiego 14, 11-300 Biskupiec - PLN 0
b. courier service in Poland - PLN 16.50
Price list of foreign shipments:
Countries: Belgium, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Germany, Slovakia, Austria, Denmark, Great Britain, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy Finland, Ireland, Sweden, Greece, Lithuania, Latvia - courier service up to 20 kg - PLN 80
2. The customer can use the following payment methods:
a. Payment by bank transfer to the Seller's account
d. Electronic dotpay payments * (2% fee)
§9 Performance of the sales contract
1. The conclusion of the Sales Agreement between the Customer and the Seller takes place after the Customer has placed an Order using the Order Form in the Online Store in accordance with § 7 of the Regulations.
2. After placing the Order, the Seller immediately confirms its receipt and at the same time accepts the Order for execution. Confirmation of receipt of the Order and its acceptance for implementation takes place by sending the Customer an appropriate e-mail to the Customer's e-mail address provided when placing the Order, which contains at least the Seller's declaration of receipt of the Order and its acceptance for implementation and confirmation of the conclusion of the Sales Agreement. Upon receipt of the above e-mail by the Customer, a Sales Agreement is concluded between the Customer and the Seller.
3. If the Customer chooses: a. Payment by bank transfer, electronic payment or payment by credit card, the Customer is obliged to make the payment within 14 calendar days from the date of concluding the Sales Agreement - otherwise the order will be canceled. b. payment on delivery upon delivery, the Customer is obliged to make the payment upon delivery. c. cash payment on personal pickup, the Customer is obliged to make the payment on delivery within 14 days from the date of receipt of information about the readiness of the shipment for collection.
4. If the Customer has chosen a delivery method other than personal collection, the Product will be sent by the Seller within the time specified in its description (subject to paragraph 5 of this section), in the manner chosen by the Customer when placing the Order.
5. In the case of ordering Products with different delivery dates, the delivery date is the longest given date. In the case of ordering Products with different delivery times, the Customer has the option of requesting the delivery of the Products in parts after paying additional shipping costs or delivering all Products after completing the entire order.
6. The start of the period for delivery of the Product to the Customer is counted as follows:
a. If the Customer chooses the method of payment by bank transfer, electronic payment or credit card - from the date of crediting the Seller's bank account.
7. If the Customer selects a personal Product collection, the Product will be ready for collection by the Customer within the time specified in the Product description. The Customer will be additionally informed by the Seller about the readiness of the Product for collection by sending an appropriate e-mail to the Customer's e-mail address provided when placing the Order or by phone.
9. The Product is delivered within the territory of the European Union
10. The delivery of the Product to the Customer is payable, unless the Sales Agreement provides otherwise. Product delivery costs (including charges for transportation, delivery and postal services) are as indicated
to the Customer on the website of the Online Store when placing the Order, including when the Customer expresses his will to be bound by the Sales Agreement.
11. Personal collection of the Product by the Customer is free of charge.
§10 The right to withdraw from the contract
1. The consumer may withdraw from the Sales Agreement within 14 days without giving any reason.
2. The running of the time limit specified in sec. 1 begins with the delivery of the Product to the Consumer or a person other than the carrier designated by him.
3. In the case of an Agreement that covers many Products that are delivered separately, in batches or in parts, the time limit specified in sec. 1 runs from the delivery of the last item, batch or part.
4. The consumer may withdraw from the Agreement by submitting to the Seller a declaration of withdrawal from the Agreement. To meet the deadline for withdrawing from the Agreement, it is enough for the Consumer to send a statement before the expiry of this period.
5. The statement may be sent by traditional mail or by e-mail by sending the statement to the Seller's e-mail address email@example.com.
6. If the Consumer sends the declaration by e-mail, the Seller shall immediately send the Consumer to the e-mail address provided by the Consumer confirmation of receipt of the declaration of withdrawal from the Agreement.
7. Consequences of withdrawal from the Agreement:
a. In the event of withdrawal from a Distance Agreement, the Agreement shall be deemed not to have been concluded.
b. In the event of withdrawal from the Agreement, the Seller shall immediately return to the Consumer, not later than within 14 days from the date of receipt of the Consumer's statement on withdrawal from the Agreement, all payments made by him, including the costs of delivering the goods, except for additional costs resulting from the Consumer's choice a delivery method other than the cheapest usual delivery method offered by the Seller.
c. The reimbursement will be made by the Seller using the same payment methods that were used by the Consumer in the original transaction, unless the Consumer has expressly agreed to a different solution that will not involve any costs for him. In the event that the customer made payments using dotpay, he will be asked to indicate the bank account to be refunded for the order.
d. The Seller may withhold the reimbursement until the Product is received back.
e. The consumer should return the Product to the Seller's address provided in these Regulations immediately, no later than 14 days from the day on which he informed the Seller about the withdrawal from the Agreement. The deadline will be met if the Consumer sends the Product back within 14 days.
f. The consumer bears the direct costs of returning the Product, including the costs of returning the Product, if, due to its nature, the Product could not be returned by regular mail.
g. The consumer is only responsible for reducing the value of the Product resulting from using it in a different way than was necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Product.
10.The right to withdraw from a distance contract is not entitled to the Consumer in relation to an Agreement in which the subject of the service is a non-prefabricated item, manufactured according to the Consumer's specification or serving to satisfy his individual needs,
§11 Complaints and warranty
1. The Sales Agreement covers new Products.
2. The Seller is obliged to provide the Customer with an item free from defects.
3. In the event of a defect in the goods purchased from the Seller, the Customer has the right to make a complaint based on the provisions on the warranty in the Civil Code.
4. Complaints should be submitted in writing or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. It is recommended to include in the complaint, inter alia, a brief description of the defect, the circumstances (including the date) of its occurrence, the details of the customer submitting the complaint, and the customer's request in connection with the defect of the goods
6. The Seller will respond to the complaint immediately, no later than within 14 days, and if he does not do so within this period, it is considered that the Customer's request was considered justified.
7. Goods returned as part of the complaint procedure should be sent to the address given in § 3 of these Regulations.
§13 Personal data in the Online Store
1. The administrator of personal data of Customers collected via the Online Store is the Seller.
2. Customers' personal data collected by the administrator via the Online Store is collected in order to implement the Sales Agreement, and if the Customer agrees - also for marketing purposes.
3. The recipients of personal data of the Customers of the Online Store may be:
a. In the case of a Customer who uses the Online Store with the method of delivery by post or courier, the Administrator provides the Customer's collected personal data to the selected carrier or intermediary performing the shipment at the request of the Administrator.
b. In the case of a Customer who uses the Online Store with the method of electronic payments or with a payment card
The Administrator provides the collected personal data of the Customer to the selected entity servicing the above payments in the Online Store.
4. The customer has the right to access their data and correct them.
5. Providing personal data is voluntary, but failure to provide the personal data indicated in the Regulations necessary to conclude a Sales Agreement results in the inability to conclude this contract.
§14 Individual orders
1. Orders based on individual customer designs (sent graphic files) are made in accordance with the specified delivery times.
2. The completion date is counted from the acceptance of the design by the customer (printed materials), or sending the complete design by the customer (engraving), provided that the order is paid for.
3. The customer declares that he has the appropriate rights to the designs sent and made to his order.
4. The online store has the right to refuse to implement the design in the event of suspected infringement of copyright, sending racist content, promoting hatred, etc.
5. The customer is obliged to send files in accordance with the required specification (with sufficient resolution), if the file does not meet the standards, another file can be sent.
§15 Final provisions
1. Agreements concluded through the Online Store are concluded in Polish.
2. The Seller reserves the right to amend the Regulations for important reasons, that is: changes in the law, changes in payment and delivery methods - to the extent to which these changes affect the implementation of the provisions of these Regulations. The Seller will inform the Customer about each change at least 7 days in advance.
3. In matters not covered by these Regulations, generally applicable provisions of Polish law shall apply, in particular: the Civil Code; the act on the provision of electronic services; the Act on Consumer Rights, the Act on the Protection of Personal Data.
4. The customer has the right to use extrajudicial means of dealing with complaints and redress. For this purpose, he may submit a complaint via the EU ODR internet platform available at: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.
Settlements of transactions by credit card and e-transfer are carried out via Dotpay.pl